Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Remember we can question before we read…
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
We can question as we read…
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?
- WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.
- I learned to: use thick and thin and I learnt that thin means a question that can only be answer with a yes or no.
- Most challenging was: Telling Kerri what a thick question was but now I know what it is it's a question that the answerer has to think and not the person who is telling it.
- Next step is to: Get thick and thin to stuck in my head so Kerri can teach us more about what she needs to teach us so then we can lean new things.
Tuesday, 8 April 2014
Sharing our Stories
We have been creating a variety of art pieces this term. These pieces are all about ourselves and sharing our stories. We have used different media like collage, watercolour, crayon and clay to create our art. We are beginning to make choices as artists. Each piece of art shares a little about us.
WALT: share our stories and ideas through art.
WALT: explore a variety of media and make choices about
how we want our finished piece to look
Success criteria: * our message is clear
* our art represents us
* we have tried different media
* we choose the media to create the
effect we want
My Buddy Thinks
my message is clear
I think that my message is clear because I put in some detail for people to know what the art is.
I think Hannahs message is clear.
my art represents me
I made my art so It would represent me for what I did.
I think that Hannahs art represents her.
I have tried different media
yes I did try different things in my art.We used all types of paints.
Hannah has tried different things.
I choose media to create the effect I wanted
I really liked to make the effect I wanted because then I got to try things out.
I think that Hannah did create the effect she wanted.
my favourite media is… because
My clay because I got to design it myself and I also got to feel that type of clay.