Tuesday, 26 May 2015
Friday, 22 May 2015
Monday, 18 May 2015
Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defence. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the thing I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.
WALT: Defensive skills and movements
- Weight on balls of feet
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Knees flexed
- Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
- Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
- Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
- Arms within confines of body
- Take feet to ball
- Land with a SBP
- Body angled to see player and ball
- Anticipate pass and player movement
- Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
- stay close to the attacking player
- Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
- Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
- 0.9m from ball carrier
Here is the link to my CMIYC video.
Evaluation: I think that I did well staying on the balls of my feet but I think I need to work on keeping my legs the same width apart as my shoulders.
Feedback/Feedforward: I think you need to move your feet the way your body is going and I think you did well with your timing when intercepting the ball.-Rileigh